Home | Sitemap | Contact Us | Translate
PDAS remains in place as the State's approved instrument for appraising its teachers and identifying areas that would benefit from staff development.
Cornerstones of the process include a minimum of one 45-minute observation and completion of the Teacher Self-Report form.
PDAS includes 51 criteria within eight domains reflecting the Proficiencies for Learner-centered Instruction adopted in 1967 by the State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC).
The domains are:
1. Active, Successful Student Participation in the Learning Process
2. Learner-centered Instruction
3. Evaluation and feedback on Student Progress
4. Management of Student Discipline, Instructional Strategies, Time/Materials
5. Professional Communication
6. Professional Development
7. Compliance with Policies, Operating Procedures and Requirements
8. Improvement of All Students' Academic Performance
Get In Touch
1701 Pine Tree Road | PO Box 5878 | Longview, Texas 75608
Phone: 903-295-5000 | Fax: 903-295-5004
Business Hours: Monday - Friday | 8:00 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
Copyright © 2016 - Pine Tree Independent School District
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM